Super Easy Strawberry Cake
Tuesday Aug 11th, 2020Share
With 1lb of strawberries IN and ON the cake, this really is bursting with fresh strawberry flavour!
This may well be the fastest and easiest cake recipe you'll make this year. Yogurt keeps the crumb beautifully tender and moist, and it keeps prefectly for days.
1lb strawberries, hulled (ie. tops removed)
1 cup sugar, caster/superfine best but granulated is ok too
1/2 cup oil, canola or vegetable
2 eggs, large
1 tbsp grated lemon rind
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
Extra strawberries, halved
Icing sugar, for dusting
How to make this easy Strawberry Cake
Being that this doesn’t have creamed butter in it, it’s a one-bowl, hand mixed batter. Whisk Wet ingredients first, then mix the dry in.
1. Preheat oven to 200C/390F
2. Grease and line a 9" cake pan with parchment paper
For inside of cake; dice some strawberries into 1" pieces to make 1 cup. (about 1/3 of the strawberries)
Topping: Cut the remaining strawberries in half.
1. Place wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk well for 1 minute.
2. Add dry ingredients then whisk well until lump free.
3. Pour half into cake pan, smooth surface. Scatter diced strawberries over batter.
4. Top with remaining batter. Smooth surface, then top with halved strawberries, cut face down.
5. Bake 50 minutes or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. (Note: if you need to cook longer, cover with foil if it starts getting too golden)
6. Stand 15 minutes in the cake pan before turning out onto cooling rack.
7. Cool 15 minutes+ before serving warm or at room temperature. Dust with icing sugar, and serve with cream or if serving warm, ice cream!
Recipe from: recipetineats.com