Wednesday Nov 10th, 2021
Paper "Stained Glass" Menorah
You will need:
- Black construction paper
- Coloured tissue paper
- Silver or gold tissue paper
- Glue stick
- Scissors or craft knife
1. Draw an outline of a menorah and candles on a piece of black construction paper with a white or light-coloured pencil. Then cut out the candles and the menorah with scissors or a craft knife.
2. Cut out rectangles slightly larger than your candle outlines using coloured tissue paper. Cut out a large piece of silver or gold tissue paper to fill in the base.
3. Glue the rectangles onto the construction paper and let dry. Repeat for the base.
4. Trim the edges of the construction paper leaving a border roughly 1/4 inch thick.
5. Hang it up in the window and let the light shine through! You can also cut out flame shapes and add them to the candles for each night of Hanukkah.
Thank you for reading! If your family tries this out, please tag us on social media so we can celebrate alongside you.
Original article here: http://www.upperwestsidemom.com/2009/11/crafts-stained-glass-hanukkah-menorah.html